Wednesday, 10 December 2008
Friday, 14 November 2008
Ladies, please pay attention. I believe this is from some talent show in the 80's. This is real, honest, true acting, with some incendiary writing. The actor's name is Precious Taft. Any day now, Elizabeth II will be knighting her a dame, I can see it. We could all take a page from Precious' book.
Posted by Megan at 04:25
So I have an obsession at the moment. So what? SO? It's not like I'm gonna start tucking it in myself or anything...yet.
The camera work is shoddy, but at least they're live performances. Saw these people performing live a few weeks ago and haven't been able to stop thinking about it.
Justin Bond - Clean White Bed/Leftover Wine
Our Lady J - Picture of A Man
And two songs from my new favourite transgendered accordion-playing beautiful-songwriting musician, Novice Theory:
About the Dream:
Posted by Megan at 04:18
Here are the things to do over the next few months:
* Hampstead Start Night (Already applied for January, but if we get in will postpone because of Alison's schedule.)
* Apply to the Tristan Bates Midnight Matinees
* Possibly perform at one of my friend Maya's Open Arts Cafe nights.
* Propose to Shunt for a week's Edinburgh preview run.
* Have a company meeting before 12 December to discuss fundraising ideas. Also discuss other places we can try and perform it: Young Vic? Royal Court? Old Vic Pit Bar?
* Start looking into possible club venues for Edinburgh.
* Hound Southwark Secrets about doing another date or two. Maybe we can squeeze one in before Alison goes off to Scotland?
Posted by Megan at 03:29
I'm going to start posting all of the links and videos we've sent to each other over the past few months. I'll start here.
I Wanna Be Famous by Jessica Delfino:
They won't let me embed the Pink Stupid Girls video, but here's the link:
Here's the link to our Southwark Secrets Web Page:
And the facebook event:
Posted by Megan at 02:07
Hey girlfriends. I've set this up as a place to share all the links, articles, videos, ideas, etc. for our journey to Paris. More interactive than carrying around a notebook, and prettier than a bunch of emails. Please post yourself anything you want.
To start us off, here's our favourite Paris pic to date:
Posted by Megan at 01:43